Welcome to Uru Mānuka,
We are excited to have you join us on our journey to accelerate student achievement and inspire futures.
In Uru Mānuka we thrive on working with innovation. This may challenge what you think 'learning' is and what schools are for. We work collaboratively together, with lots of professional learning and support.
Since 2015, we have been a part of the Manaiakalani Outreach Programme. Our focus is on:
- Future-focused pedagogy for teaching 21st century teachers and learners: Learn, Create, Share.
- Visible, accessible, rewindable learning that enables learners to be connected and empowered.
- Greater student engagement in learning and accelerated achievement.
- In-class facilitation support through the Cybersmart curriculum.
- A funded programme researched externally by the Woolf Fisher Research Centre.
What digital tools will I need to use?
- Chrome web browser
- Google Drive and Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs, Drawing, Slides, Sheets, and Forms
- 'New' Google Sites
- Hapara Teacher Dashboard
Working with you collaboratively to build your knowledge and understanding. Term 1-2 modelling device skills and elements of Cybersmarts in the classroom, Term 3 team teaching and Term 4 supporting you to teach. Working in classes with you and your students.
Working with you collaboratively to build your knowledge and understanding. Term 1-2 modelling Cybersmart in the classroom, Term 3 team teaching and Term 4 supporting you to teach. Working in classes with you and your students.
High School Support
Working with you collaboratively either 1:1 or in peers to build your knowledge and understanding. Meetings normally held in your non-contact time and some in class work.